This has been a pretty poor reading month, as I predicted. I had a tonne of writing to catch up with for my masters degree, while juggling a busy month of work as well. As a result, I’ve gotten through less than half of the books I’d hoped to, and even then, some of them were piddly little ones that don’t really feel like much of an effort!
- ★★★★☆ The Flicker Men by Ted Kosmatka
- ★★★☆☆ Star by Justin Skelton
- ★★★★☆ The Bear and the Piano by David Litchfield
- ★★★☆☆ Life and Other Near-Death Experiences by Camille Pagán
- ★★★☆☆ The Boy Who Sailed the Ocean in an Armchair by Lara Williamson
- ★★★☆☆ Invitation to a Beheading by Vladimir Nabokov
- ★★★☆☆ The End of Nice by Richard Newton
- ★★★☆☆ The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
- ★★★★☆ The Thief by Claire North
I’ve only ticked the one book off the big challenge list this month, having finally dusted Invitation to a Beheading off after over fifteen years on the bookshelf:-
- A book you own but have never read
I don’t have much to say about any of this month’s reads either. I think I really must try harder in May!